Things you need to take on the day
|For the Swim Leg:||Towel for drying off, Goggles, Bathers, Swim Cap|
|For the Bike Leg:||Bike, Helmet, Shoes, Socks (optional), T-shirt or Singlet, Water bottle|
|For the Run Leg:||Shoes, Socks (optional), T-shirt or Singlet, Hat / Cap|
Be Prepared !!
Put Sunscreen on Before You Start
Before the Event
- Lay out your gear the night before and check that you have everything you need
- Get plenty of rest
- Make sure you know where the race venue is and how to get there and what time you need to arrive
- Give yourself plenty of time on event day.
- Make sure you register and get numbered before you do anything else
- Do a little warm up exercise before you participate
- Take note of the entry and exit points
- Set up your bike, place your shoes at the point closest to your bike with your T-shirt and helmet alongside, keep your equipment bag out of the way.
- Place your helmet so it is easy to put on
- Place your shoes with laces open so they are easy to put on
- Make sure you know the course and where to go for transition. Check the maps
- Listen carefully at briefing
- Make sure you know any rules
- Know how many laps you are meant to do
During the Event
- Put on your T-shirt first after the swim, then your shoes and helmet
- Only when you have done all this move your bike.
- Walk your bike to the mount line before you get on it
- Remember how many laps you are doing
- Keep left on the cycle if not overtaking
- Slow down before corners and turns
- Tell people you are coming by when you are overtaking
- Get off your bike at the dismount line. Do not ride it in transition.
- Pace yourself and have a great time! Don’t forget to smile when you cross the finish line!
After the Event
- Have a drink and something healthy to eat soon after completing the event. This will help restore the energy you used during the event and assist your recovery.
- Take a photo with your family and friends
- Make sure you wait until after the last participant has finished before you go to collect your bike and equipment from the transition area.
- Stay for the spot prizes or you may miss out. You have to be there to get one!