Saturday, 19 December 2021
Mitchell River, Bairnsdale
Come and join us on the Mitchell River at Bairnsdale for the return of this classic swim event, the 2.5km swim from Lind Bridge finishing at the Rail Bridge at Howitt Park.
The event hub for registration, finish area and post-event presentation will be at Howitt Park. A BBQ will be on offer provided by, and in support of, the Bairnsdale Rowing Club.
|Team 13+||600m / 1km / 900m||$20|
- Age is at 31.12.2020
- Entry fee includes fruit on completion of your race.
- Participants without Triathlon Australia (TA) Membership that includes race insurance - add One Day Licence (ODL) to cover insurance. For teams one ODL applies if any team member is not a TA member with race insurance.
- This event is conducted under the Triathlon Australia Race Competition Rules. Please familiarise yourself with them prior to race day.
- Wetsuits – swimmers may wear wetsuits if the water temperature is below 24.5°C. Wetsuits are mandatory if the water temperature is below 15°C. Water temperature will be measured by the Race Director on the morning of the event and participants notified at the race briefing. Given the time of year, we expect that the water temperature will be between 19°C and 22°C.
- In the interests of life preservation, Swimmers will be notified by safety officials of the event, that if they are not progressing adequately and have the potential to cause injury to themselves or compromise the safety of others, they will be removed from the water or the event.
How to Enter
Enter this event online now. Online registration closes at 7pm on Friday 20 December 2019.
If you missed online entry then entry is available on the day by bringing along a completed entry form to registration between 9am and 9:30am on race day. Payment is available by cash or cheque (made out to Riviera Triathlon Club)
3 people form a relay team, with the first swimming 600m to the "Dog Hole", then tagging the second team member to swim 1km to the Port of Bairnsdale, then the third team member swimming 900m to the finish line. Relay team members will swim on the right had side of the course. The change over will take place in the water.
Registration Opens at Howitt Park
Check-in, get numbered and collect your swim cap prior to your event briefing.
|10:00 am||Bridge2Bridge swimmers shuttled to start line at Lind Bridge and team members to change over locations at Dog Hole and Port of Bairnsdale.|
Thanks to our supporters